A message from Disaster-Response Co-Coordinators Julia Menzo and Ruth Doty about preparing for Hurricane Sandy.
As we prepare for the impending Hurricane Sandy, please take a moment to engage in preparedness activities. NBC10 says the rain is expected to arrive on Sunday evening with the heaviest rain and strongest winds most likely on Monday into Tuesday. You are encouraged to:
• Review your Family Emergency Plan and update as needed.
• Be prepared to evacuate if local officials instruct you to do so.
• Be prepared for potential long-term power outages.
• Secure all outdoor items.
• Leaves are excellent material to clog/block storm drains, and make flooding worse. Get leaves and any other obstructing materials away from storm drains before the storm arrives.
Also visit www.readynotifypa.com to sign up to receive emergency alerts