And as if that’s not great – there is even better news to report.
Liberty Lutheran was named as 12th on the list for large organizations, as reported on philly.com! In the past individual organizations from our family of services participated and were ranked, but this is the first year that we participated as a Liberty family. The evaluation for the Top Workplaces program is based upon feedback from an employee survey that staff members completed a few months ago.
We also received a “summary results” report that provides a snapshot of our employees’ opinions about the “organizational health” and “my job” as well as several benchmarks that compared our highest rated factors to the “Non Profit: Human and Social Services – 2014” –which is a national benchmark.
Organizational Health is defined in three areas: direction, execution, and connection. Comments from Liberty employees included:
- I believe that Liberty is going in the right direction
- I have confidence in the leader of Liberty Lutheran
- Liberty Lutheran operates by strong values and ethics
- Senior managers understand what is really happening at Liberty
- I feel well-informed about important decisions concerning Liberty
- New ideas are encouraged at Liberty
- I feel genuinely appreciated at Liberty
- My job makes me feel like I am part of something meaningful
- I am confident about my future at Liberty
The “My Job” portion also examined three areas: my work, my manager, and my pay and benefits. Liberty exceeded the industry benchmark for “My Pay and Benefits”.
And finally, employees working at Paul’s Run had the top overall score within the Liberty Family of Services by +36%. This percentage is relative to the average score of all responders at Liberty. Congratulations to Paul’s Run Retirement Community!
We are honored to have been selected for this award, particularly because our staff was the judges! Thank you to the entire Liberty family for your vote of confidence and showing that Liberty is a great place to work. If you want to read more about the survey, Philly.com has all the results for small, midsize and large companies. Your dedication to each other and our mission is what makes Liberty such a great place to work.