West Philadelphia Senior Community Center
Today I Am Empowered
The West Philadelphia Senior Community Center is a beloved neighborhood hub for adults age 50 and better that offers lively activities for body, mind, and spirit through classes, clubs, educational programs, health and wellness services, nutritious meals, and transportation.
Click here to read our February 2023 Newsletter and Calendar and you’ll see the immense range of engaging opportunities that await you! And click here if you would like to subscribe and receive our newsletter via email each month.
Read about the legacy of Otis Givens, Jr., a dance legend who taught members how to dance, and how the West Philadelphia Senior Community Center plans to honor his memory.
We are eager to welcome you to our programs and activities, just a few of which include:
- Computer center with tablets and training
- Fitness center and trainer during scheduled hours
- Exercise and dance classes
- Quilting and sewing club
- Support groups for diabetes and other health concerns
- Pottery classes with kiln firing
- Outreach to non-English speakers
- Discounts for concerts and plays in Philadelphia
- FREE delicious hot lunch for adults age 60 and better
- Financial and retirement planning seminars
The West Philadelphia Senior Community Center is located at 1016 N. 41st Street, at the corner of Poplar and 41st Street. We invite you to stop by, become a member and discover all the fun our active members are enjoying today!
All you need is identification that shows proof of your residence in Philadelphia and of your age. The program is free for seniors over 60, while those aged 50 and above are welcome to attend for a small fee.